It’s almost that time of the year when we look back on the work we have done in the past year and the upcoming plans we have for the year.
We invite all our members to attend the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Astronomical Society of Malta (Society).
The AGM is an important event in the Society’s calendar for a number of reasons:
- Presentation of annual report
- Financial update and report
- Appointment of a new Committee – President, Secretary Treasurer, Public Relations and Vice- President (all roles will be declared vacant at the meeting)
As a member you are eligible to:
- Vote in the election of the new Committee
- Suggest amendments to the Statute (www.maltastro.org/statute)
- Put forward any suggestions and topics for discussion
- Volunteer to become a Committee member
The AGM will be held online (Google Meet) on Friday, 4 March 2022 at 7.00 pm. Joining details will be sent at a later date. No registration for the event is required.
Do you want to join the new Committee?
We are interested to have individuals step forward and express interest, and be nominated to fill the Committee roles. The Society welcomes people from all walks of life who share a common interest in astronomy.
If you are a paying member you should have received an email from us with a link to a Google form where you can submit your interest in forming part of the new Committee.
If you’d like to join us at the AGM but you’re not a member, then click here to become a member for only €12.
The Astronomical Society of Malta